What would you do with a leprechaun's pot 'o gold?

What would you do with a leprechaun's pot 'o gold?

Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes

Because let's face it, when it's silly season with this topic, you have to be properly silly about it. So forget the lottery. Forget the inheritance. Forget specific dollar amounts like $100K, $150K, $250K, whatever. St. Patty's Day is nigh! Let's go after some Irish faerie gold. What would you do?

1. Let it ride all night on green on roulette?

2. Buy a rainbow-spotting plane and go looking for more?

3. Set up leprechaun hunting webcams all over Hibernia?

It doesn't have to be Irish-themed, of course. Maybe you haven't gotten your fill yet of investment ideas with found money. Let's say that a leprechaun's pot of pure 24K gold weighs 100 lbs, 20 lbs. for the pot, 80 lbs for the gold, just enough to be almost impossible to steal. That's about 1.5 million dollars at today's spot price.

0Reply
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y

I'm not touching the Leprechaun's gold.  Not going to business with someone I don't trust.  Nothing is free in this world without consequence.  

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    I'm not touching the Leprechaun's gold.  Not going to business with someone I don't trust.  Nothing is free in this world without consequence.  

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Frank Wong

    Turn down $1.5 million? You're a better man than I am, Frank. Or perhaps a movie buff.

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    7y

    Shoot the leprechaun, sell all my properties, take all the money and the gold and turn it over to my financial advisor, retire/live off the income. No more work.

  • Real Estate Broker · Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    @Frank Wong

    Turn down $1.5 million? You're a better man than I am, Frank. Or perhaps a movie buff.

     Use to be a movie buff lol.

  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Thomas S.:

    Shoot the leprechaun, sell all my properties, take all the money and the gold and turn it over to my financial advisor, retire/live off the income. No more work.

    If I learned anything from the movie Leprechaun, you'll need lots of four leave clovers handy for this plan not to end poorly...

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    I definitely would not buy corned beef and cabbage.

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Bill F.

    OK, so we buy some clover plants and plant them around something mildly radioactive to stimulate the four-leaf mutation. I like it! Like PMI, only cheaper!

  • Specialist · Huntsville, UT · Member since 2015 · 458 posts · 249 votes
    7y

    I'd buy a unicorn and fly around the world to party with Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Puff the Magic Dragon, the talking M 'n M's and whoever else I could find that doesn't really exist.

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Lori Greene

    See, there we go. That's how to spend a leprechaun's gold.

    But this is Bigger Pockets, Lori. You're not thinking outside the box. How are you supposed to fly around the world on a unicorn? Shouldn't it be a pegasus, better, a pegasus unicorn?

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    I would take the pot of gold and divide the gold coins out giving each of my tenants a portion so they could use it responsibly to buy the things they need in life such as cartons of Newport’s , mad dog booze and a stack of mega millions lotto tickets

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Dennis M.

    Real world real estate experience coming to the fore...there's a quality customer rewards program!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.