Anyone invested in a syndication with Rod Khleif???

Anyone invested in a syndication with Rod Khleif???

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes

I am curious if anyone has invested in any projects syndicated with Rod Khleif? Good or bad experience? Good or bad investment?

I am considering becoming a passive investor in one of his projects but I wanted to check if anyone had any thoughts or experiences.

Thank you.

0Reply
119 views

Most Popular Reply

Ivan BarrattBusiness Member
Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 764 posts · 953 votes
7y

I'm in his Mastermind: Multifamily Boardroom. Currently I own a large real estate company and still get some great value out being in his inner circle of real estate operators. 

He's doing the "student army" approach to get deal flow (across the nation) just as many other educators are.  My personal opinion: he's not the only one "doing it right" but he's definitely on the very short list of those that are.

Just my .02

note: I don't participate in his deals. I do my own. Just there to learn from the other big dogs in the room! ;)

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I just looked at his website.  The first images of his website did not focus on real estate investments, but materialism.  You see a boat jetting across the bay and then he walks into a luxury house.   And then it pans to a luxury car.   He's selling real estate education, from the looks of his website.  

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Brian Ploszay he does teaching, podcasts, and boot camps about real estate. But he also has different syndication projects to invest with him.

  • Investor · Front Royal, VA · Member since 2013 · 586 posts · 418 votes
    7y

    @Mike Vu I've never done a deal with him, i'm focused on syndicating for my own passive investors. 

    However, he had a good reputation in the multifamily community. He's an educator and does make money selling education, but like most of the others doing this, he began by doing deals. I wouldn't hesitate to consider it, but the same fundamentals still apply. You need to double check underwriting, conservatively project disposition, and stress test the metrics. Doesn't matter if it's his 10,000th deal or his first, same fundamentals still apply.

    Hope this helps!

  • Ivan BarrattBusiness Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 764 posts · 953 votes
    7y

    I'm in his Mastermind: Multifamily Boardroom. Currently I own a large real estate company and still get some great value out being in his inner circle of real estate operators. 

    He's doing the "student army" approach to get deal flow (across the nation) just as many other educators are.  My personal opinion: he's not the only one "doing it right" but he's definitely on the very short list of those that are.

    Just my .02

    note: I don't participate in his deals. I do my own. Just there to learn from the other big dogs in the room! ;)

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Lucas Miller. Thank you for your reply.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Ivan Barratt I appreciate your input.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Lorenzo, CA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Mike Vu did you end up investing in one of his deals? If so, how is your experience?

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2022 · 34 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    I would highly caution against investing in any of Rod Khleif's deals. He makes most of his money selling education. I was almost about to join his warrior program but decided against it because of the guy who was super rude and arrogant. 

  • Toronto, ON · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 61 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Pradeep Shrestha:

    I would highly caution against investing in any of Rod Khleif's deals. He makes most of his money selling education. I was almost about to join his warrior program but decided against it because of the guy who was super rude and arrogant. 


     strange you say that. I am an LP in two of his recent deals. Out of the 5 deals I am LP in, Rod's are giving me the top 2 returns (primarily due to fixed debt) while others, not so much but their returns do get accrued

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    I am in 2 of his deals and both are not currently paying a return.  I think he spends most of his time on his coaching program, when he should be focused on his investors returns.  He always talks about his deals being conservative, but there seems to be some big gaps in the underwriting, with the 2 deals I am in.  I do understand all recent syndications are struggling with costs and tenants struggling to pay, so trying to be patient for now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.