Newbie Buying For Sale By Owner

Newbie Buying For Sale By Owner

Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 6 votes

Hi BP Community,

I’ve been lurking on this site and reading real estate investing books for about a year now. I’m super excited to jump in and get going on my investing future but want to do my due diligence first.

I've been looking at a FSBO owner property, the owner just passed away and the home is in a trust. What are some questions I can ask the seller to try and negotiate price? In addition, what kind of steps would I take to initate a purchase without an agent?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks BP!

1Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 236 posts · 99 votes
    7y

    @Andrea Parsley Might be wise to get financing in order before you approach seller. Are you paying cash or financing with a lender? Once you have financing in order you should have a better idea on how to approach seller. If it is cash you can propose a quick closing for a discounted rate, If it is lender financing then you would have to follow lender financing guidelines such as appraisal, inspections, etc. Good luck!

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the reply @Jack V. Ospina. Currently I'm working with a lender working on VA financing. So hopefully it all works out! This would be my first purchase and my goal is to turn it into a live in flip. Thanks for your help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.