start investing with lots of student debt?

start investing with lots of student debt?

Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 3 votes

I was curious what people thought about my plan to house hack with physician loans and move every two years while keeping every property to acquire 4-5 properties by the time I’m 35. I’m 28 now and about to obtain our second property. My question lies in the fact that I have between my wife and I about 750 k in debt. She is about to start residency (delayed a year for child) either in 2020 or 2021 and I will be an attending physician starting 2020. I have no credit card debt or auto debt.  I am technically only on the hook for ten percent of my income to the student debt. Most of it is at 6.5 percent interest. My wife has some private loans that’s are higher that I will refinance and tackle first. Monthly post tax income about to go from 3.4 k to 15-25 k depending on if my wife works next year and how many extra shifts i work. Pay down student loans? Or invest as above? I will be maximizing tax shelter investment accounts as well.

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    $750k in student debt!!? Unless you can be confident that you can consistently earn more than 6.5% it is no question.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.