VA loan cash out refi. into conventional to use VA again...?

VA loan cash out refi. into conventional to use VA again...?

Rental Property Investor · Porter Ranch, CA. · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 3 votes

Any experience cashing out a VA loan into a conventional loan? I wanna get into another property utilizing the VA zero down again?

I know it'll be 75-80% ltv... curious re: seasoned, is it 6 mths or a year, etc.

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Zack KarpPro Member
Lender · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 833 posts · 774 votes
7y

@Account Closed is your CA guru if you need any help.

TYFYS and best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Any experience cashing out a VA loan into a conventional loan? I wanna get into another property utilizing the VA zero down again?

    I know it'll be 75-80% ltv... curious re: seasoned, is it 6 mths or a year, etc.

    Depending on your VA award, you may be able to pick up two properties without having to sell or refinance one. Talk to a local mortgage broker (not a bank) and ask what your VA limits are and what options you have.

  • Zack KarpPro Member
    Lender · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 833 posts · 774 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed is your CA guru if you need any help.

    TYFYS and best of luck!

  • Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    there is no technical barrier to this that I can see

    I'm curious how you're going to find multiple retail condition homes that allow you to move-in but still purchase at 75% LTV.

    also transactional costs are going to be very high for this approach

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.