Things you wish you would have known as a newbie

Things you wish you would have known as a newbie

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

Hey guys, 

I am super interested in hearing what people wish that could go back and learn before they started. I love hearing you guys stories, so please feel free to share some good ones. 

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew Use the calculators. i bought my first house by getting a signature loan at the bank (18%)  to assume the loans on the place. Cash flow negative $50 per month plus paying on sig loan. Put a tenant and 8 months later had to evict. Didn't screen correctly. After he left, found out he rebuilt his Harley in the living room. Got lucky the carpets cleaned up but had to repaint everything. First few years had to pull money out of my pocket to operate the rental. The calculators are your friends.

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew the idea of house hacking. I would have started with a multi and lice in one unit.

    I also would have started 20 years earlier

  • Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes
    7y

    Yes on the many testimonials I have read they have mainly been to run your numbers and get creative.  Thanks for the advice guys!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.