I am looking to buy a 2 bedroom apartment in NYC for almost a year now. I been going to open house and anything new listing that comes up. Everytime I put an offer, someone bids higher on it. Does nayone know how I can find out what apartment is coming on the market? Also how can I find out what offer has been made?
Rental Property Investor · Allentown PA, United States · Member since 2016 · 567 posts · 442 votes
7y
Have you networked with the realtors getting these listings?
If you are very specific with exactly what you are looking for to listings agents, it makes their job that much easier if they know they already have a qualified buyer and may bring the deal to you first if they know you are serious.
I am serious and I have agent but unfortunately, they can not find out what was the bid that was offer. Where can I find out about new listing beside Zillow, Realtor, Street Easy, Trulia?
Do you think foreclosure apartments are cheaper? If so, how can I find out about foreclosure home?
Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 401 posts · 235 votes
7y
You seem overly focussed on what others are bidding. You and your agent should determine what you think the fair market value of each apartment is and bid accordingly. If you've been looking for close to a year and you're outbid every time then it's clear you are bidding too low and not willing to bid market price. No one is going to tell you what the other offers are but it's obvious you are lower than all the other bidders and/or under what the sellers are willing to do a deal at. What is your agent telling you?