Investor · efrat, israel · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 20 votes
I would like to buy foreclosures in the Virginia Beach area. Is there anyone out there with an experienced realtor in the area who could help me do this, and be my 'boots on the ground'?
OR
Jacksonville, Florida
OR
Cleveland
I have researched many places online, and while it really does seem possible to buy cash flowing rental property, the thing I lack is BOOTS on the ground and a RELIABLE management company.
Is there a way to find trustworthy people long distance to manage the inspection, purchase, rental and tenants?
Rental Property Investor · Suffolk, VA · Member since 2017 · 143 posts · 78 votes
7y
@Shoshana Shulman There are lots of good managers in the VB area. Do you know yet what kind of properties you're looking to buy or criteria for investment?
Investor · efrat, israel · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 20 votes
7y
Hi, Ernest,
I would appreciate help finding out the contact information of some property managers you would recommend.
Perhaps you know an investor friendly real estate dealer.
I am looking for a single family/townhouse that is perhaps REO, so I could get it a bit under the market rate.
I am looking for something in a B type of neighborhood, with a high demand for rentals.
I am hoping to pay somewhere between 35,000-70,000 for something I can rent out for approximately 700-900 per month.
I would of course like long term tenants.
I want something NOT in a flood zone.
I don't know what else to tell you.
I don't like the very old homes, like I saw in Ohio and Indiana, as down a very short road I fear the profits will get eaten up by repairs and necessary updates.
I really need an EXCELLENT property manager who can handle tenants kindly, take care of repairs, and make sure the rent is paid automatically, on time, every month.
I have been considering going with Memphis Invest, a turnkey company, as I am beginning to despair of finding good property managers on my own.
I would like to buy foreclosures in the Virginia Beach area. Is there anyone out there with an experienced realtor in the area who could help me do this, and be my 'boots on the ground'?
OR
Jacksonville, Florida
OR
Cleveland
I have researched many places online, and while it really does seem possible to buy cash flowing rental property, the thing I lack is BOOTS on the ground and a RELIABLE management company.
Is there a way to find trustworthy people long distance to manage the inspection, purchase, rental and tenants?
While doing research on the Cleveland market make sure you check out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods. Tons of quality info in there to help keep your risk level low. I don't think there is a big lack in management companies in Cleveland, not sure while you're running into a wall. Could be you're looking at blighted neighborhoods that most reputable management companies won't work in as it's not worth it due to the issues & low pay from investors who want to invest in said blighted areas.