Newbie Investors - What’s your most important next step??

Newbie Investors - What’s your most important next step??

Real Estate Coach · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 341 votes

The simple concept is talked about a number of times on BP Podcasts and in their books...what’s your most important next step (MINS)?

I set a few goals for myself this year after buying my first primary residence, and up until now I’ve been scrambling. I want to learn about rehab so I started J Scott’s book...I want to get better at analyzing deals so I spend time on Realtor.com and Zillow...I want to learn about funding so I started looking for funding opportunities. It’s been almost 3 months and while I’ve done a lot of good self development in a few areas, I’ve really gotten nowhere in my goals.

So tonight I did some planning. My next step is funding. I'm going to learn about funding options around the Charlotte area and analyze/identify top options for HML, private money, and seek out possible partnerships (if you know any of the above in the area or are looking for the same thing, let's talk!). That's my next step, and once i reach my tangible goal I'll move on to learning rehab.

What’s your MINS? Just looking to generate discussion and ideas.

1Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    For me it's continuing to develop a new partnership with a self storage deal sponsor I'm investing with. I've recently passively invested with them and in the future I'm interested in partnering with them on deals as a General Partner and bringing my resources and investors to the table.

  • Real Estate Coach · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 341 votes
    7y

    Hey @Taylor L., figured I'd check back in here. How's the partnership coming along? 

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Thanks for checking! All is well! No new updates necessarily

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.