Finding positive cash flow where prices are high relative to rent

Finding positive cash flow where prices are high relative to rent

Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote

My questions are: What is the best approach to finding properties that will cash flow when the general rental income for a given area is low relative to the price of properties? I'm assuming you have to buy well below the market value. Which means there may be some elements of a distressed property. Or even foreclosures. Are realtors a good source? FSBO? I would think also that everyone in the business are chasing these same deals. I just want one good property to start with.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Topeka, KS · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    You got it.  You will need to purchase below market value which will likely to come with some distress.  Unfortunately, there is no silver bullet for finding deals.  You need to use all available options.  You could also invest outside of your area.  I've never done it and am too afraid but some people seem to do it.

  • Bellingham, WA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    you need to be able to work your angle. either you need to get in under market value or somehow add value to it

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.