Votes
Tyler McGill
  • Chesapeake, VA
Votes |
Newbie from Annapolis

Tyler McGill
  • Chesapeake, VA
Posted Jun 24 2019, 09:38

Hello BP community!  I'm Tyler McGill and I am currently a midshipman at the Naval Academy.  I graduate in two years, and just because of the rules that come with a service academy, I only plan on learning as much as I can about real estate investing until I graduate -- after that, it's game on!

I found out about BP when @Scott Trench visited us for a brief on how to become financially independent from a career in the military.  He mentioned house hacking, the BP website, and the BP podcasts.  After I found the real estate podcast, I became hooked!  

Like I mentioned, my short term goal is to learn as much about real estate investing as I can right now, and hopefully I can start networking and find a couple of mentors along the way.  Midterm goals would be to house hack a multi family home wherever I get station, just to get my hands dirty.  Long term goals would be, if I end up liking real estate investing,  to have enough passive income from properties to be able to achieve financial independence by time I'm 35 (I'll be 26 when I graduate).

I look forward to meeting and discussing other members on here!

Loading replies...