Is Property Shark Worth it?

Is Property Shark Worth it?

Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes

I was curious if you guys would suggest I register and pay for the services of Property Shark in order to get information on properties I may be interested on doing deals on? Is this a good idea or a waste of money? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

0Reply
256 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2008 · 1 post · 2 votes
19y

This is Brian from PropertyShark.com. As mentioned in a prior post, paying for a subscription truly does depend on your needs and your region. Real Estate professionals (Developers, Brokers, Appraisers, Lenders, etc) and Investors seem to pay and like the service. The browsing one time homebuyer may not need the depth of data (although we are seeing a quickly increasing trend where savvy homebuyers are doing their own comps and detailed property research). We offer free accounts with limited access everywhere we cover so people can get a good idea of what we have.

Also, we have a customer service staff (718-715-1758) who can explain which offerings are available in which areas, and we offer a money back guarantee on subscriptions (which almost nobody requests). Hundreds of thousands of real estate professionals and investors use PropertyShark.com. You can read about one of our pre-foreclosures users in the November issue of Business 2.0 (http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/24/magazines/business2/newrules_foreclosures.biz2/index.htm)

Feel free to call us with any questions (we have customer service here from 9-6 ET daily) or try out a free account online. Also, if you are in the NYC area, come to our next user networking party in Manhattan.

Sincerely,
Brian

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 659 votes
    19y

    I've never heard of it, sorry.

  • Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Well if you don't mind checking their website to see what you think of them. www.propertyshark.com

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Moriches, NY · Member since 2008 · 635 posts · 9 votes
    19y

    i checked it out briefly - how much does it cost?

  • Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    For 3 months of full access, they want $138 or something like that.

    Originally posted by "noobdog1":
    i checked it out briefly - how much does it cost?
  • Member since 2008 · 452 posts · 18 votes
    19y

    They're con artists.

  • Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes
    19y

    I'm a distressed property investor and use them for comps and pre-foreclosures in Brooklyn/Queens/Nassau. (I think they are also in other places like California and Florida.) The site seems to get better since we first started with them in 04. It probably really depends on your needs and location whether you need a paid subscription. A lot of the info they provide for free.

  • Member since 2008 · 1 post · 2 votes
    19y

    This is Brian from PropertyShark.com. As mentioned in a prior post, paying for a subscription truly does depend on your needs and your region. Real Estate professionals (Developers, Brokers, Appraisers, Lenders, etc) and Investors seem to pay and like the service. The browsing one time homebuyer may not need the depth of data (although we are seeing a quickly increasing trend where savvy homebuyers are doing their own comps and detailed property research). We offer free accounts with limited access everywhere we cover so people can get a good idea of what we have.

    Also, we have a customer service staff (718-715-1758) who can explain which offerings are available in which areas, and we offer a money back guarantee on subscriptions (which almost nobody requests). Hundreds of thousands of real estate professionals and investors use PropertyShark.com. You can read about one of our pre-foreclosures users in the November issue of Business 2.0 (http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/24/magazines/business2/newrules_foreclosures.biz2/index.htm)

    Feel free to call us with any questions (we have customer service here from 9-6 ET daily) or try out a free account online. Also, if you are in the NYC area, come to our next user networking party in Manhattan.

    Sincerely,
    Brian

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    19y

    Thanks Brian for your comments.

    Originally posted by "r2d246":
    They're con artists.

    Can you please explain what you're talking about r2d246? It would help if you justified your comments. Otherwise, what you've said is completely meaningless.

  • Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Hello Brian,
    Thanks for your input and since finding out the site, I have got some pretty valuable information about properties. Though I have not used it to acquire any property yet, I am pleased with what it has to offer. I would like to know when the next networking party in Manhattan is going to be and where will it be. I would love to attend.

    Thanks again
    Eugene

    Originally posted by "BrianPshark":
    This is Brian from PropertyShark.com. As mentioned in a prior post, paying for a subscription truly does depend on your needs and your region. Real Estate professionals (Developers, Brokers, Appraisers, Lenders, etc) and Investors seem to pay and like the service. The browsing one time homebuyer may not need the depth of data (although we are seeing a quickly increasing trend where savvy homebuyers are doing their own comps and detailed property research). We offer free accounts with limited access everywhere we cover so people can get a good idea of what we have.

    Also, we have a customer service staff (718-715-1758) who can explain which offerings are available in which areas, and we offer a money back guarantee on subscriptions (which almost nobody requests). Hundreds of thousands of real estate professionals and investors use PropertyShark.com. You can read about one of our pre-foreclosures users in the November issue of Business 2.0 (http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/24/magazines/business2/newrules_foreclosures.biz2/index.htm)

    Feel free to call us with any questions (we have customer service here from 9-6 ET daily) or try out a free account online. Also, if you are in the NYC area, come to our next user networking party in Manhattan.

    Sincerely,
    Brian

  • Member since 2008 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    19y

    I would be weary of any business or service with the name "SHARK" in it because SHARKS are symbolically and literally PREDATORS! Still, after reading their post here, I would at least take them for a free spin around and see how good the service is if it gives you enough time to evaluate sufficiently. There are enough free services out there to save your hard earned money though and read the posts here and hit up Ryan and Eric for advice, they know what they are talking about! At some point, enough tire kickers will have tried out services like them and have better feedback I'm sure. Happy Investing! :mrgreen:

  • Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Ryan and Eric are definately a valuable source of information but I doubt they have the time to provide information about property in any area in the continental U.S. Most of the information you need to get an idea of the property is free. To get foreclosure listings in your area is what you have to pay for. I hope this helps you understand it better.

    Originally posted by "timo2006":
    I would be weary of any business or service with the name "SHARK" in it because SHARKS are symbolically and literally PREDATORS! Still, after reading their post here, I would at least take them for a free spin around and see how good the service is if it gives you enough time to evaluate sufficiently. There are enough free services out there to save your hard earned money though and read the posts here and hit up Ryan and Eric for advice, they know what they are talking about! At some point, enough tire kickers will have tried out services like them and have better feedback I'm sure. Happy Investing! :mrgreen:
  • Investor and Architect · Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2010 · 305 posts · 84 votes
    10y

    I use them in the NYC area. They can save you a lot of time. You can get a lot of info on a property easily. They are very good about letting you see what you can get before you sign up. It is about $30 per month. Phone service is responsive when you call.

    Good for ownership and sales current and past.

  • Wholesaler · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I think property are quite good and honest, unlike realty store, who I think should be closed down an imprisoned.  Realtystore.com  is a complete scam, read reviews, plus my ow bad experience with them. 

  • Far rockway , NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    hi guys just wondering if anybody who has used property shark would advise it for a newbie and whether or not sites like this that provide all the information on the house are worth the money. All replies appreciated:)

  • Mt Prospect, IL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    It doesn't service Illinois nor most states.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    It works great in NYC. I've subscribed since last year. Not sure about other state. Any update from other user in other state?

  • NYC & NJ & ROCKLAND COUNTY · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I’m an investor and looking to do wholesaling as well so I was using this to build my buyers and sellers list. Most of the NYC searches had a lot of info about the properties, it was 98% accurate only thing is most of the phone numbers were wrong or not given. It’s not good if you wanted Info outside of the 5 Boroughs, very limited and access to NJ areas is an extra fee even with the $169 monthly fee.  You get 250 search on the platinum plan per month. I think it should be unlimited for that price. I think the System needs updating which include all states in the US, since I’m looking to expand it’s becoming useless for me. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/profile/real-estate/propertysharkcom-0121-126795/complaints

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    How about repropfinder?  https://www.repropfinder.com

  • Developer · NY · Member since 2021 · 131 posts · 106 votes
    4y

    Has anyone found a better alternative to Property Shark for pulling property data?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.