Setting up a meeting with local investors what to expect?

Setting up a meeting with local investors what to expect?

OH · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 5 votes

Setting up a meeting with a local investor and want to know what to expect or how to make the best of it? possible mentor or help expanding network 

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Without knowing specifics, I'd say don't bring up formal mentoring yet. If this person is a successful investor who has agreed to talk with you, just spend the time learning about their business and their goals. Ask questions, listen, and learn what their pain points are. Maybe you can help them later, maybe you can watch out for those pain points in your own business.

    Generally I think people should avoid the technique of "what do you need done and I'll do it for free." I get lots of offers from new investors to do things for me for free, but then that burdens me with the task of coming up with something for them to do. Additionally, since it wasn't their idea, I don't know how well they'll execute. If you want to do something for them, come up with something specific and ask them if they'd be interested in that thing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.