New Investor looking at Milwaukee

New Investor looking at Milwaukee

Rental Property Investor · Fair Haven, NJ · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 4 votes

Hi! I am new to real estate investing. I’m looking into Milwaukee for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I believe that I can afford to invest there. Secondly, my wife has family in and around Milwaukee and we have spent some time there. I live in coastal NJ and the prices and taxes are insanely high. I truly enjoy Milwaukee and Wisconsin and have thought about moving there in the future.

I have listened to podcasts pertaining to Milwaukee and have been trying to do as much research as possible. I have found the forums on BP and the people to be very helpful and insightful. My strategy is to buy and hold single and multi family homes. I’m open to any and all knowledge and criticism as I understand that I have a lot to learn. While I may not have much to offer now, I truly appreciate the knowledge from the BP members, especially those in Milwaukee!

1Reply
75 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 113 posts · 144 votes
7y

Hey James,

Welcome to Milwaukee!  (well, kinda).  There is a ton of opportunity here right now for a solid long-term buy and hold strategy.  There are quite a few posts from other folks doing the same, if you search Milwaukee in the forums you will likely find them.  Like any city, Milwaukee has its nuances to the neighborhoods so you want to do your due diligence and make sure the property you purchase lines up with your risk tolerance.  

First step - Join the Brew City REI Group on Facebook, on the intro question let them know I referred you and Rebecca will approve it.

Step two - Talk to @Marcus Auerbach.  His insight and knowledge of the Milwaukee market, specifically pertaining to rentals, is second to none.  

Welcome!

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    Thanks @Mitch Messer - I had no idea they are making it to Atlanta LOL Glad to hear you are getting value out of it!

    We used to have a poster in a conference room that said: in god we trust, all others bring data! There is so much misinformation out there, so much click bait. As hard as I look I don't see signs of a housing crash, even though these claims get millions of views. Important to look at the data and not get caught up in theories or clickbait!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Brock Mogensen I just moved to Milwaukee myself and want to get into investing and networking. I would love to get into this meetup.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Art Perkitny

    I realize this is an older post but is it possible to get updated information on the Milwaukee area?

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    @Julian Pacheco yes of course, just search for Milwaukee real estate on YouTube.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.