Finding Good Rental Markets Around the Country

Finding Good Rental Markets Around the Country

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I'm looking to start investing in rental properties, however I travel 100% of the time for work. (no "Home Base") 

My current plan is to look for a duplex/ split level that I could rent out one side and use the other as a permanent tax home while I'm on the road, which would also allow for an FHA loan as well.

As investors, what do you look for in areas you don't live; such as how to find and what to look for in desirable rental markets, real estate agents, project management companies, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2018 · 216 posts · 160 votes
    7y

    Try to find either a realtor or a management company that really knows a market you're interested in, and use their knowledge to help make an informed decision. If you go to the local RE meetup group, you'll probably be in the company of a whole lot of people with the knowledge you need - that'd be a great place to start.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.