New investor in Cleveland, OH.. ANY TIPS?

17 Replies

Hello,

Just joined Bigger Pockets.. I am relativity new to real estate investing and looking to get started in the Cleveland, OH area. I am hoping to connect with anyone that has current or past investments in the area.  

Any tips on the area?  

Any and all discussion would be appreciated!  Thanks! 

Shawn C.

Originally posted by @Shawn Carothers :

Hello,

Just joined Bigger Pockets.. I am relativity new to real estate investing and looking to get started in the Cleveland, OH area. I am hoping to connect with anyone that has current or past investments in the area.  

Any tips on the area?  

Shawn C.

Welcome to the site Shawn.

Shawn - Welcome! We have a monthly meet-up at Melt Bar & Grilled in Independence the last Thursday of every month (Thursday August 29th at 6:00pm). Anyone interested in REI is welcomed, bring your questions!

Regards,

Ronald Szmik

@Shawn Carothers Welcome!

@Ron Szmik Good to know! Hows the turnout at Melt? I'm currently living/working outside the USA now but I'd love to join next time I'm in town. I'll be back again early Sept but leave on the last wednesday of the month lol..

I'll have to catch you all next time and plan my trips accordingly if you get good turnouts at these meetings.

Brian

Originally posted by @Shawn Carothers :

Hello,

Any tips on the area?  

Shawn C.

Hey Shawn, welcome to the site! I live in California, but I have been investing in the Cleveland area for years!

I've gathered a ton of information on investing in the Cleveland area, and would be happy to share it with you if you are interested. It includes, among other things, a comprehensive map of the Cleveland area, grading each area from A+ down to F, with a consistent, objective and transparent methodology using publicly available data.

Feel free to add me as a connection and drop me a private message!

Originally posted by @Ron Szmik :

Shawn - Welcome! We have a monthly meet-up at Melt Bar & Grilled in Independence the last Thursday of every month (Thursday August 29th at 6:00pm). Anyone interested in REI is welcomed, bring your questions!

Regards,

Ronald Szmik

Ron - Thanks for reaching out!  That sounds great. I would definitely be interested in going in on these meetings @ Melt. I look forward to meeting and connecting in the near future!

Shawn C.

Originally posted by @Robert Matelski :
Originally posted by @Shawn Carothers:

Hello,

Any tips on the area?  

Shawn C.

Hey Shawn, welcome to the site! I live in California, but I have been investing in the Cleveland area for years!

I've gathered a ton of information on investing in the Cleveland area, and would be happy to share it with you if you are interested. It includes, among other things, a comprehensive map of the Cleveland area, grading each area from A+ down to F, with a consistent, objective and transparent methodology using publicly available data.

Feel free to add me as a connection and drop me a private message!

Hey Robert - thanks for reaching out!  That sounds awesome and I am definitely interested.  I will add you as a connection and message you shortly. Talk to you soon. Thanks again!

Great, well you will find many many options here, this website will certainly help you do your research so when you do come across what might be a great deal, you are able to analyze quickly and put an offer in fast. Let me know if you have any specific questions or want to pick my brain - my expertise is in property management, leasing, etc. Feel free to message me any time.

Originally posted by @Anna Sagatelova :

Great, well you will find many many options here, this website will certainly help you do your research so when you do come across what might be a great deal, you are able to analyze quickly and put an offer in fast. Let me know if you have any specific questions or want to pick my brain - my expertise is in property management, leasing, etc. Feel free to message me any time.

Anna -  Thank you, I really appreciate it!  Looking to get my feet wet in the area and hoping to come across some great deals. I will definitely take you up on the offer of picking your brain a bit :)  As I begin to dive deeper I am sure that more questions will arise. I look forward to hopefully connecting in the near future. 

Shawn C.

Originally posted by @Suny Capezzuto :

@Shawn Carothers Hi Shawn, welcome! Im a local Clevelander too, I live and invest here. What part are you looking at and what type of investing are you looking to get into?

Hi Suny, thanks for reaching out!  I am looking all around Cleveland at the moment (both west & east side). I am looking to get into rental property investments. 

Thanks!

Shawn C. 

Welcome @Shawn Carothers - I'm also new to investing, but have a number of good coaches in the NEO market. It would be great to connect and bounce ideas off each other as we ramp up. I've had a successful run in corporations, but now it's time to branch off and begin investing in our community. 

If anyone knows where to start, or wants to make connections, feel free to reach out. 

Best, 

Ben

Originally posted by @Rafie Ahmed :

Interested in the Cleveland market as i hear good things about it. Recommend any good areas to look at right away? 

Good or Bad is subjective. It's all about your budget, goals, risk tolerance and expectations. Take a look at The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods and let us know what area is Good for you, your goals and your budget.

Originally posted by @Ben Petitti :

Welcome @Shawn Carothers - I'm also new to investing, but have a number of good coaches in the NEO market. It would be great to connect and bounce ideas off each other as we ramp up. I've had a successful run in corporations, but now it's time to branch off and begin investing in our community. 

If anyone knows where to start, or wants to make connections, feel free to reach out. 

Best, 

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reaching out. Awesome to hear that you are looking to invest in the NEO market.  I would be more than happy to connect to bounce ideas and build connections/resources together. Just sent you a connect request, feel free to send me private message.

Look forward to chatting more.

Shawn C.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here