Is this too much for my first investment BRRRR?

Is this too much for my first investment BRRRR?

Port Angeles, WA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes

I recently had a conversation with an agent I connected with in town about a potential duplex deal. The agent told me that the property would sell for $150k or less, and repairs would be $40k-$50k. I drove by the property tonight and it looks rather poor on the outside so I would agree with that repair budget or increase it a few thousand dollars. 

Comparable rents in the area from dealcheck.io are $1,400 and the ARV is $224k.

I would have to find financing for the entire deal but I'm wondering if I should go for it or if this is too big a project on my first deal. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2016 · 922 posts · 533 votes
    7y

    @Jorgen Nicholls

    Do you own a house of your own yet?

    If not, I wouldn't recommend getting into a project of that size/scale as your first go.

  • Port Angeles, WA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Jim Goebel Thank you for the advise. I don't currently own my residence.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.