contracts for wholesalers that are licensed Real estate agents

contracts for wholesalers that are licensed Real estate agents

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone,

I am interested in wholesaling and I know as a licensed agent I need to disclose that information.  Do anyone have an example contract that they use with that disclosure in it.

Thank you

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe SplitrockPro Member
Moderator
Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
7y
Originally posted by @Tracy Lawson:

Hello everyone,

I am interested in wholesaling and I know as a licensed agent I need to disclose that information.  Do anyone have an example contract that they use with that disclosure in it.

Thank you

 Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Contracts and legal requirements vary by state. I am not sure where you are located, but it makes a big difference. It is best in matters like this to work with a local attorney for contracts. You can wind up in trouble when getting contracts from random people on the internet. People write their own contracts, not understanding that just because you write it, doesn't mean it is legal or enforceable. In fact a contract with illegal clauses can make the whole contract harder to enforce.

Do you know other realtors who are wholesaling that you can work with to see if they have a contract vetted by a local attorney?

If not, I would post your state and city to get responses from local people.

Ideally you should pay an attorney to draft something, but I understand most people starting in wholesaling don't have money.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tracy Lawson:

    Hello everyone,

    I am interested in wholesaling and I know as a licensed agent I need to disclose that information.  Do anyone have an example contract that they use with that disclosure in it.

    Thank you

     Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Contracts and legal requirements vary by state. I am not sure where you are located, but it makes a big difference. It is best in matters like this to work with a local attorney for contracts. You can wind up in trouble when getting contracts from random people on the internet. People write their own contracts, not understanding that just because you write it, doesn't mean it is legal or enforceable. In fact a contract with illegal clauses can make the whole contract harder to enforce.

    Do you know other realtors who are wholesaling that you can work with to see if they have a contract vetted by a local attorney?

    If not, I would post your state and city to get responses from local people.

    Ideally you should pay an attorney to draft something, but I understand most people starting in wholesaling don't have money.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thank you, I will be wholesaling in Tampa, FL.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Google Florida FAR BAR As Is contract.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    As previously stated, the FARBAR contract is most commonly used. It has an assignment clause in it. Keep in mind that your broker MUST approve of your actions and all fees must pass through them. Many brokers will not allow their agents to wholesale. Some brokerages almost exclusively wholesale. In the contract you have plenty of room to put in that you are a licensee. I also like to put in something like this (even though I am not wholesaling): Buyer is a licensed agent, purchasing under market value, and with a profit motive.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thank you everyone for the replies...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.