States to invest for out of state

States to invest for out of state

Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes

I am looking to invest out of state. I have never invested before with very little knowledge. I have attended some real estate investing discussions and listened to some bigger pockets podcast.

I looked up some popular out of state locationa to invest:

Texas

Indiana

North Carolina

Florida

Ohio

I want to get started on analyzing some properties. Any thoughts on the states?

Thank you!

0Reply
27 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    7y

    Hi @Rocco Pacana, some great states on there. What kind of investing are you looking to do? Flipping, BRRRR, Apartments, retail? Clarify what you'd like to go do and then find the market and submarket that fits that strategy. If you'd like multifamily, then you'd want to look at reports by Marcus and Millichap and others to understand where markets are in the investment cycle, if you are looking for SFH long term buy and hold, look for markets where you can get strong cash flow and can buy below replacement cost with strong job growth. Clarify your goal and then look for markets that fit that.

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Joseph Firmin hi joseph thanks for responding!

    Im looking more for profitable monthly cash flow. Any thoughts? Thank you

  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    7y

    @Rocco Pacana Where are you located? Do you have any local knowledge of any of those states, if so start there. SE USA is great as is the midwest for cash flow.

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi Joseph, I am looking at a single family dwelling type of investment. Also, I am based in Southern California. 

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Joseph Firmin Hi Joseph, I am looking at a single family dwelling type of investment. Also, I am based in Southern California. 

  • Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2015 · 459 posts · 245 votes
    7y

    @Rocco Pacana why not look into investing in other parts of California, that are not as expensive. No matter where  you invest, you need to establish a team. Have you looked at any of the BP books that discuss this topic?

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @James Green Hi james, I have not. I have listened to some podcasts and read the beginners guide. I will look into some other parts of California.

    Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.