San Fran - Bay Area, CA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes
Hello! I am a newbie here and would like to some ideas of how other investors get started with the first long term investment. From what I read team building is something to do early on (after picking a market).
So for people doing long term, how do you reach out and pick your real estate agent, contractor, PM? What are the things you've tried that worked or didn't? Thanks in advance for sharing the insights.
Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y
Trial and error is really the only way, over the long term you can ask as many questions and get as many referrals as you want but sometimes members of the team just turn out to be duds or they have policy or pricing changes that affect your business relationship.
Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 865 posts · 351 votes
7y
If you get a good deal under contract a team comes together from there.
Your request is very broad. For example if you’re looking for a contractor then once you have a property to work on you Will find something to help with repairs one way or the other.
Getting a power team and having your “ Why” is so over rated and cheesy. That’s can taught by poser gurus as time filler.
A team is always changing per say. I’ve had contractors that were good for 5 rehabs then they dropped the ball. Some venders are good fits for a number of years until their not. One lady I knew got a realtor to show her multiple houses multiple days and she didn’t have money to buy nor the ability to close. I would not want to be on someon’s team that didn’t have a clue and no money. (Not saying that’s you.)