Looking for information in the Oklahoma City Market

Looking for information in the Oklahoma City Market

New to Real Estate · Oklahoma, USA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 10 votes

Hello, my name is Phillip Henderson. I am new to real estate investing and I am looking for information on books and articles that I can read to gather some much needed information on rehabbing and real estate investing. 

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Phillip Henderson

http://www.biggerpockets.com/books

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Phillip Henderson

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/books

  • Property Manager · Oklahoma city · Member since 2018 · 58 posts · 55 votes
    6y

    Pro tip: A great first excise before you dedicate time and energy learning this new craft is to go to the sheriff auction at the court house in oklahoma city. Its every other Thursday and you will get a great idea of who what and how your competition is.   https://docs.oklahomacounty.or...

  • New to Real Estate · Oklahoma, USA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Thank you for the list. I have read quite of few of those and I will definitely read the ones I have not read yet. I am not sure what the connect invite I sent to you meant. I was trying to mention you instead of connect sending you an invite. 

  • New to Real Estate · Oklahoma, USA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Thank you for that link. I will definitely look into it. I have never been to a real estate auction so I am not sure what to expect there. I am still many months away from investing. I am here gathering as much information and to meet as many people as I can while I raise capitol to begin investing. Do you have any suggestions to meet up with people in the area? 

  • Property Manager · Oklahoma city · Member since 2018 · 58 posts · 55 votes
    6y

    Well first go through my podcast and see the pros ive interviewed. There is also a show coming out in two weeks with a guy that built a 50 unit portfolio in okc and hes gonna tell his story. There is investors meetups ect.. as far as the auction, its at the courthouse in the large court room. Just bring your drivers liscense and print the list of homes off on the link i sent and they start from top to bottom. You can see how people are bidding and who they are. Last time i was there it was prob 150 people

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Phillip Henderson:

    Thank you for the list. I have read quite of few of those and I will definitely read the ones I have not read yet. I am not sure what the connect invite I sent to you meant. I was trying to mention you instead of connect sending you an invite. 

     I think its like a friend request on facebook

  • New to Real Estate · Oklahoma, USA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Where can I find your podcast? I also noticed you are a realtor. I am trying to become one myself. Do you have any advice to help me get started in that profession? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 694 votes
    6y

    @Phillip Henderson happy to answer any questions that come up. Good luck! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.