Do I need liability insurance for a buy and hold property?

Do I need liability insurance for a buy and hold property?

Madison · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 6 votes

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of closing my first deal. I am shopping around for insurance... The first quote I received was within my price range, but the insurance specialist I was working with does not pick up the phone or reply’s fast, so I just called another specialist from the same company and the quote I received from the other specialist is way higher than the first one.

I noticed that the first quote is only for property coverage.

The second quote is for property coverage and liability.

My question is, do I need liability coverage? Is this the usual for buy and hold properties?

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 133 posts · 83 votes
    6y

    @Daivis DeJesus Liability and property are both absolutely necessary :) 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.