Contractor Supplies/ Tax write off for truck?

Contractor Supplies/ Tax write off for truck?

Real Estate Agent · Akron · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 11 votes

Hello,

Is it common for the investor to be responsible for physically transporting supplies such as carpet and flooring to the job site or will a good GC do this?

If it is going to be my responsibility more often than not, would I be able to write off a new truck as a business expense? Even if I used this truck to commute to my other job?

Thank you

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 874 posts · 355 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Nicolas Ake:

    Hello,

    Is it common for the investor to be responsible for physically transporting supplies such as carpet and flooring to the job site or will a good GC do this?

    If it is going to be my responsibility more often than not, would I be able to write off a new truck as a business expense? Even if I used this truck to commute to my other job?

    Thank you

     A good GC should be responsible for the quoted work including the delivery of supplies. Now if there are substantial savings I would use my personal vehicle. When it comes to writing it off the IRS has specific rules if you have dual use for it as personal and work. You might only be able to write off a %. Speak with your CPA.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Akron · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Guifre Mora

    Yes sir, I'll speak to a CPA. Thank you for the advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.