How to turn a single family home into a duplex or triplex?

How to turn a single family home into a duplex or triplex?

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello!

I am very new to real estate investing and I need help! I think this subject is relevant for starters like me so here it is: 

is it a good idea to turn a single-family home into a duplex or triplex? 

if so, is it worthwhile going through the process of getting a 103k to remodel the home and turn it into a multi-family (duplex or triplex) or should I just get an FHA and then use borrowed money to make that happen instead?

The reason why I don't want to buy a duplex or triplex in my area (Ann Arbor MI) is because all multi-family homes are very expensive

Thank You!

0Reply
48 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    I'm trying to do this also in Honolulu, permitting with the city and county maybe tough.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.