Should I pursue becoming a Real Estate Appraiser?

Should I pursue becoming a Real Estate Appraiser?

Real Estate Agent · MN · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am interested in real estate investing. Would it be wise to purse a career as a Real Estate Appraiser? I believe it may provided me with a deeper understanding of the market.

Thoughts?

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Thomas Wormley

    Honestly, I think it will give you a better understanding of how appraisers cdetermine appraisals. broker price opinions, appraisals, assessments.. they all come out differently because each profession does it differently and it is something of a judgement call.

    If you want to understand the market... that’s dependent on how you learn.. maybe you just need to be in it in one way or another.. or just study it very well via Zillow or mls... or maybe lost if networking and talking to see what’s going on.. or a mix of the above or whatever works for you..

    The market value is what somebody will pay for the item. Appraisers do look at the market history, amongst other factors to determine market value. It’s fine, if this approach works for you. Otherwise, there are plenty of ways to go.

    I hope this helps guide you. Good luck

  • Real Estate Agent · MN · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @David David

    Thanks for the advice!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.