Does anyone here invest in nassau new york?

Does anyone here invest in nassau new york?

Rental Property Investor · Hempstead, NY · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 11 votes

I live in hempstead New york. I want to find out what types of real estate investing works in this area. I would really like to start attending meetups too.

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Deer Park, NY · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 85 votes
6y

@Shemroy Mccarthy

Wholesaling works in our area. As far as buy and holds, best thing to do is look out of state. As far as local meetups I would reccomend LIREIA. Great place to network and meet other local investors.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Deer Park, NY · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 85 votes
    6y

    @Shemroy Mccarthy

    Wholesaling works in our area. As far as buy and holds, best thing to do is look out of state. As far as local meetups I would reccomend LIREIA. Great place to network and meet other local investors.

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 917 posts · 607 votes
    6y

    @Shemroy Mccarthy As noted above, buy and hold in Nassau County is damn near impossible.  Wholesaling is hyper-competitive, also.  If you want to stay local, consider lease option assignments.  And don't rule out investing virtually, in other states.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Hempstead, NY · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Sean Toomey thanks for the link up tip. I only want to buy and hold sf then eventually step up to mf. Mf is my ultimate goal. I am reading the DAVID GREEN's book on long distance real estate investing. You guys are right. That may be the step to take. I see some cheaper houses upstate NY just from fooling around on Zillow etc. Would you guys recommend trying there?

  • Rental Property Investor · Hempstead, NY · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Michael Carbonare thanks for the tips. What are lease option assignments?

  • Deer Park, NY · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 85 votes
    6y

    @Shemroy Mccarthy

    It all depends on property management. If you set up a good team then you can invest and make money anywhere. I personally like out of state. CT has some great options for mult families. Plus taxes are way less.

  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I agree with @Sean Toomey! As a property manager and Realtor in CT, we've seen a steady influx of New York buyers over the last couple of years or so, for the very reasons Sean mentioned. Price and taxes. I would also add tenant laws to the list. New York passed some pretty crazy (in my opinion) laws that really go a step further to protect tenants. This has not happened here in CT and I think it has helped keep it a viable option for investors based in NY and Boston / other parts of eastern MA. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Hempstead, NY · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Filipe Pereira I have never checked the CT market. As a property manager, do you manage any properties for OOS investors?

  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Shemroy Mccarthy:

    @Filipe Pereira I have never checked the CT market. As a property manager, do you manage any properties for OOS investors?

    Yes, more than 75% of our clients are out of state at this point. 

  • New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 215 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    Hello from NY

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.