Wealth Building Strategies for a Law Student in AZ?

Wealth Building Strategies for a Law Student in AZ?

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am currently a first year law student at the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in Arizona. I have no income, and I am accruing student loans. I am eager to begin building wealth, and I do not want to wait two more years after graduation to begin my hands on real estate education. I believe there is a creative niche for me at this time in my life, but I am unsure where to start looking. Can you please give me a few ideas, or direct me to a blog thread where people have succeeded in a similar circumstance? Thank you! 

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor / Attorney · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 388 posts · 265 votes
    6y

    I really wish I had gotten started in RE during law school rather than waiting until I was licensed! First step is building equity in a personal residence. This might not be an option until you have a steady income after graduation, but do it ASAP. As for now? You have (some) time to learn, if not cash to invest. Learn everything you can! Check out BP, podcasts, books, blogs ... anything you can get your hands on. That way you will be ready to go (and hopefully avoid common missteps) as soon as you have cash to invest. 

    Good luck! Always happy to discuss RE and law :)

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thank you Pamela for your response! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.