Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2012 · 136 posts · 5 votes
I used the old school method of mining buyers out of the public records. I was able to get their mailing addresses off the state's website, but the info is limited to just that, no phone #'s. So what Im wondering from others who have done this before, did you just mail out your info to every buyer? Anyone have any crafty ideas on how to expedite this process? I have about 200 names.... Thanks.
Rehabber · Beecher, IL · Member since 2013 · 101 posts · 21 votes
13y
Quick easy way to find some possible phone numbers is whitepages.com. I would also send a letter in the mail, and possibly check some social media websites to see if you can track them down. If you are feeling real adventurous, go knock on the door and introduce yourself. The more ways you attempt to contact them, the better chance you have of success. Just make sure you have a plan of what you can offer them once you do get a hold of them. You don't get a second chance at a first impression.
Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2012 · 136 posts · 5 votes
13y
Originally posted by Glenn Espinosa:
Why are you contacting them? Do you have a deal that you're trying to move?
Seems to me like you're putting the cart before the horse...
I guess id just prefer to have all the big players contact info so that I can market immediately, rather than put a property under contract (eg. REO) and use my 3-7 days (inspection period) to build a buyers list and then market the property....
Real Estate Investor · FL · Member since 2011 · 586 posts · 360 votes
13y
Mike Nelson I would just send them a professionally written letter stating that you often sell well priced real estate and would love to connect with them. Include your email address and phone number.
If it was me though I would get a few deals under my belt first. As you said, these are the big players. Most new wholesalers don't know what a real deal is and you don't want to turn them off by sending out a few bad deals at first.