Looking for my first rental income property, should I wait?

Looking for my first rental income property, should I wait?

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hi, So I'm a general contractor in southern California and would like to start investing in rentals,  I'm wondering if I should wait and see what this economy does or pull the trigger on a rental in the sub 200k range.  Thanks for any input!

0Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Marlborough, MA · Member since 2017 · 150 posts · 74 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Dodson

    I won't speculate as to how the current economy will impact real estate prices in your area... but generally speaking if you find a deal that makes sense to you financially (ie you are achieving your target cash flow and return on investment) then I wouldn't wait. 

  • Contractor · Coachella Valley, CA · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 176 votes
    6y

    if you can find a home sub 200's that you can rehab with numbers that make sense, pull the trigger.

    I did this is San Bernardino and the property cash flows a couple hundred.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I have my eye on a property that has 2 units on it about 2 hours away from my location, It's 97k plus closing cost and will need 5k of cosmetic work. Both units combined should rent for 1400 to 1500. Just a bit gun shy at this point but need to get my feet wet at some point!

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    @Ryan Dodson - go for it. Interest rates are low and prices will not soften in the entry level range. We are seeing now less inventory than we did pre-covid and the squeeze is pushing up prices!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.