You are a failure.Yes, I’m talking to you.

You are a failure.Yes, I’m talking to you.

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 9 votes

I’ve been a failure my whole life and there are a lot of people that has been there to tell me the whole time. Maybe it’s just me, but I think more people have an experience like I do but don’t speak up. Hear me out.

Growing up in Gainesville FL, I was a failure from birth. We lived in a trailer and I wore clothes that had holes in them. I didn’t have many friends except my sister and my brother. Everyone told me I was a failure and would never amount to anything because we were so poor. My father went on to kill my mother and himself. I was 8. Yes, I had no chance after that. I was still a failure and life hadn’t even really begun for me.

We moved to Mississippi. Most people would say that was setting me up for more ridicule and failure. I didn’t do well in school and I couldn’t sit still. I was in trouble all the time. This would go on until I graduate high school where I missed 58 days my senior year and yet they still let me graduate…

What do failures do when all else fails? They join the Army. I was in the 507th Maintenance unit at Fort Bliss Texas. Everything I touch, fails. While in that unit we deployed to Iraq in 2003. We lost 12 soldiers and had 6 POWs. Jessica Lynch being the most “famous”. Even in the Army I failed. I went on to get out as that was just not for me. I can fail just fine without all the yelling and shooting!

At this point in my life, I was proving everyone right. I was a failure. No future. I did get married but now I’m making her fail…. Lots of failure over the next few years. Now that I look back on it, I was only good at being a failure.

In 2015, I found out I loved real estate. I’ve slowly acquired 5 properties and I’m learning with each deal. The first two I bought were not the greatest deals let me tell you. I’m doing better now! I’ve learned to live off 20% of what we make so the extra can help me invest and move out of my “failure” status.

To this day, I’m still a failure. I have a $2,000 car that people make fun of, I buy used clothes or try to get them free, my wife walks to work, my best friend was born in a manger, I steal lyrics from a song, and I’m just a weird guy. I wouldn’t change anything about my life. I love failing. It has made me who I am. I just need to stop doing it so often! 

Yes, I’m pretty sure you are failure too. What I’ve learned in life is that no matter how much you fail, you just have to learn from it. Learn from others. They (and you) are failures too! Everyone tells you. 

I wish you all the best. Thanks for reading until the end! God bless.

Chris

6Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
6y

Cheers to fellow failures! We're successful because we fail!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2020 · 234 posts · 194 votes
    6y

    It is important to have DEEP gratitude, your life was Beverly Hills compared to nearly every human on the planet right now and definitely those that are dead.  Just think of those people innocent people in Iraq who you traveled half way around the world to kill.  Their lives and country are still in ruin.  It is all perspective.

    If somebody or ANYBODY (with few exceptions like those with mental/physical disabilities, etc.) is broke in America it is because they don't truly appreciate what we have here.  If you are lucky enough to read this then you are one of the lucky, chose few who won the lottery at BIRTH.  

    Focus on that gift, the reason why all these foreigners come here and CRUSH IT is because they get it they see America as we all should a golden palace where how far you go in life is only dependent on your work ethic.  You are one of the luckiest people to ever life, what will you do with this gift?

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    6y

    Cheers to fellow failures! We're successful because we fail!

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Ok. So what’s wrong with failing. You’ve failed enough at writing and tried again though to write that very coherent and organized post that expresses almost despair.

    BTW: We got the message. Consider the post a success. What’s the failure in that?

    Beside the only letters success and failure have in common are “u” and “e.” I for you and E for evidence. What ever you call it you are evidence of it. Pick which works for you.


    C.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    It's only a failure once you stop trying. If you're still trying it's just a temporary set back and part of the process. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Lots of winners now dead from covid, cancer, or other things

    Least you’re a failure who gets to live hehe

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    My favorite movies are ones with an under dog or someone who has failed. "The Pursuit Of Happiness" is one of the best. It goes to show you no matter what failures, times you fall on your face, and mistakes you can change your life. You can't live and dwell in the what ifs of life. Beauty of REI is only you can choose to be successful. Beauty of being human is our perspective on life determines our path. Love that you picked yourself up and kept fighting, kept driving. Keep going and don't give up!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.