Real Estate Agent · Lexington, KY · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 6 votes
I’m in the lexington area and invest here as well as Northern Kentucky. I’m interested in how one goes about reaching out to others to just connect and network. I’m not specifically looking for a mentor or anything of that nature, just want to genuinely create some relationships in the area. How do I find people, and gauge interest for coffee or a discussion to meet? Thanks in advance!
Rental Property Investor · Georgetown, KY · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 55 votes
6y
There are two groups in Lexington. The Lexington Landlords Association (LLA) and The Bluegrass Real Estate Investors Group (BREIG). LLA is more of a traditional landlord specific REIA group, BREIG has quite a few more members and includes investors, lenders, wholesalers, etc. Both usually meet in person once a month, but have suspended in person meetups for the time being. BREIG has been hosting semi-regular ZOOM meetings, usually on Monday during lunch time. Both groups have Facebook pages, join them to keep up with their current happenings.
Nicholasville, KY · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
6y
@Justin Johnson I am from Nicholasville only a few minutes away from Lexington also looking for someone to network with but COVID hit the place and couldn’t do it. Let me know if you’re interested!
Rental Property Investor · Georgetown, KY · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 55 votes
6y
There are two groups in Lexington. The Lexington Landlords Association (LLA) and The Bluegrass Real Estate Investors Group (BREIG). LLA is more of a traditional landlord specific REIA group, BREIG has quite a few more members and includes investors, lenders, wholesalers, etc. Both usually meet in person once a month, but have suspended in person meetups for the time being. BREIG has been hosting semi-regular ZOOM meetings, usually on Monday during lunch time. Both groups have Facebook pages, join them to keep up with their current happenings.
Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, AL · Member since 2017 · 277 posts · 221 votes
6y
@Justin Johnson and @Mario Shmigelskiy I invest in the Lexington and surrounding areas and would love to connect. Would also highly recommend the Bluegrass Real Estate Investors Group on Facebook, great place to learn and meet other local investors.
Rental Property Investor · Lexington, KY (lexington) · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 9 votes
6y
I live and invest in Lexington as well, i was excited to see this post. I have also been looking for other like minded people in the area, anyone local reading this is welcome to message me and connect
Financial Advisor · Lexington, KY · Member since 2012 · 150 posts · 66 votes
6y
Hi Everyone! Checking in from Gratz Park in Downtown Lexington. Currently working on a number of projects in Downtown Lexington with a primary focus on the 40507 & 40508 area codes. Let me know if I can be helpful!
Property Manager · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 237 votes
6y
I am from the Lexington area (Georgetown), and have heard great things about LLA and BREIG. In addition there are a few meetup groups in the Cincy area if you are fine travelling.
Rental Property Investor · Montreal · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 0 votes
5y
Hi everyone, great to find this thread! I'm also looking to start investing in the Lexington area. Thanks @Joe Marcum@Joseph Back and @Luke Marsh for the tips on groups to connect with others in REI! Looking forward to connect with you all.
Lexington, KY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 1 vote
5y
Hello Everyone, very glad I came across this! My name is JJ and I have lived in the Lexington, KY area for 8 years now. Currently looking to start investing in the area as well and the tips everyone has shared here are phenomenal. Very looking forward to start networking with you all!