Proper Etiquette to Bid on Auction after working with Realtor

Proper Etiquette to Bid on Auction after working with Realtor

Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all safe and well in these crazy times. My name is Omar, and I am in the process of learning more about real estate investing. I have been analyzing deals daily in a workbook I built based off of the calculators on this site and others I found. I'm starting to get a good handle on comps, by analyzing sales of similar homes in my area within the past 6 months to determine my ARV, and utilizing a contractor who is a family friend to help estimate rehab costs.

The goal for my first deal is to do a fix and flip and my partner and I have been working out what our desired ROI from this deal. We have been looking at homes together and have gotten advice from another family friend who is in the business to look at auction properties. However, we have already seen houses over the past three weeks with a realtor, who has been absolutely helpful and patient with us as we are looking through these properties.

My question is, if we were to come across an auction that we think we can get at a good deal, would it be poor etiquette to bid on and potentially purchase the house if we have taken up our realtor's time? What would be the best way to proceed in this situation?

I appreciate any advice you can give!

0Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Keep the realtor involved, auctions (at least that I’ve participated in) welcome realtors.

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    How does a realtor get involved in the auction process? I'm still pretty green in this area, and I was curious since I've seen online auctions that seem to just do the bidding online.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Omar Hamza:

    How does a realtor get involved in the auction process? I'm still pretty green in this area, and I was curious since I've seen online auctions that seem to just do the bidding online.

    Talk to your realtor there’s a form they fill out.

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Omar Hamza:

    How does a realtor get involved in the auction process? I'm still pretty green in this area, and I was curious since I've seen online auctions that seem to just do the bidding online.

    Talk to your realtor there’s a form they fill out.

     Will do, thank you very much for your response!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.