Passive investor looking for area & PM

Passive investor looking for area & PM

Irvine, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes

Currently owning 1 SFR in Memphis and 1 SFR in Dallas with a property management company that I have no issue with (knock on wood). Want to check out other areas but this company doesn't have service to. I've read so many articles and curious where you guys think it's a good investing area and who is the property manager you like for that area? We want cash flow, don't mind appreciation. SFR or multi family is fine. I live and work in CA. Only know real estate taxation, limited knowledge with hands on real estate investing. Thank you in advance.

2Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y

Personally I would keep adding in those areas you're already in. You'll get more economies of scale in those areas, and hopefully continue to get better and better service from your current property managers. Either that or invest with a different strategy, go for multis, or something else. You're already invested in two markets that are popular for investors, why not continue to invest in those areas?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Leominster, MA · Member since 2020 · 667 posts · 384 votes
    6y

    Thanh, 

    If you like the company that you are working with, why not continue to buy in the markets where they have inventory?  Could you message me the name of the company?  I would be interested in checking them out myself.  

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Personally I would keep adding in those areas you're already in. You'll get more economies of scale in those areas, and hopefully continue to get better and better service from your current property managers. Either that or invest with a different strategy, go for multis, or something else. You're already invested in two markets that are popular for investors, why not continue to invest in those areas?

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 53 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Hi @Thanh Cambaliza! Did you have any areas in mind already? I'm definitely biased since my own experience predominantly lies within Massachusetts, and has seen good home value appreciation on top of good cash flow. So if you happen to be interested in the market here in MA, I'd be more than happy to connect and share my experience / insights on the market! 

  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Thanh Cambaliza which a solid diversified economy, Dallas has held up great during CoVid-19. Your manager is doing great reward them with more business.

    McCaw Property Management4.4905 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.