I would like some advice for attending a REIA vender's fair

I would like some advice for attending a REIA vender's fair

Investor · Member since 2012 · 86 posts · 7 votes

I will be attending a NWREIA vender's fair next week and I would like some advice on how to get as much out of the experience as possible. It is my understand there will be attorneys, contractors, realtors and other real-estate related professionals. Things I believe I need to know are:

What questions should I be asking?

Are there any red flags I should be looking for while I am talking with the various individuals and companies?

Is there anything I should not do while at the fair?

Of the various types of professionals, who would be most important for a beginner to build a relationship with? (I am thinking realtors, attorneys and property managers would be initially most important for my overall plans.)

What can I do to ensure that their first impression of me is as good as possible?

Would have been nice of this event was either later in the year or I had started last year. However, as always, the ideal situation is irrelevant. I may not be planning on doing anything for several more months, but I can still use the event to start networking and educating myself some more.

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rehabber · Middleboro, MA · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    Hello Mason, You will need a team of professionals as you mentioned. I would concentrate on realtors to bring you in leads. You mentioned your just starting out and may not really get active for several more months. You're doing it now. You are educating and that is the first step. Just go to the event with an open mind talk with everyone and be open and honest, you will get a lot from this. Speak with as many realtors from your area as you can and see how you can help them by giving them the leads that may come from your direct mail or other marketing campaigns as a referral. Remember it's what you can do for them. Keep in mind that nobody is born with this knowledge it is learned! Go get em and have fun! Good Luck!
    Bill

  • Real Estate Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 283 posts · 81 votes
    13y

    Mason, glad to see you are planning before actually jumping into the game.

    You asked "What can I do to ensure that their first impression of me is as good as possible?" This question is a two way street. Not only are you looking to make a good impression on them but they have to make a good impression on you. If I was looking for professional service I would want to kind someone that is engaging, presentable and willing to anwser my questions without be rushed. The other person is looking for the same.

    Also, before arrive identify exactly what you need. If you need a realtor, what exact services do you need. Are you looking for someone you specializes in short sales or the MLS. Don't go up to someone and say I need a realtor.

    Since this is your first meeting, I would just go in with an open mind and see what impression people make on you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.