Cameron Park, CA · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 18 votes
Hello everyone,
As a newbie investor, I am trying to learn as much as I can before taking the plunge. I started the process of learning over a year ago, but I still feel no closer to making my first purchase. By accident, I found Roofstock's academy on their website. The program looks interesting and even offers a lifetime money back guarantee. The price is not cheap, but if I can learn what I need to become a successful investor it will be money well spent. My question is: Have any of you had experience with this program and if so, what did you think?
@Dean West Thank you for sharing your experience! You mentioned that the coaching and community were the most valuable part of joining the academy. I feel like those would be the keys that would have the most impact for me as well. Having someone to talk to who could answer questions as they arise, would be huge! I have read so many books and listened to many hours of pod casts and webinars but, I still feel like I don't know enough to take the plunge. Sometimes I wonder if I should have jumped in years ago, before I knew anything. All the information swirling around in my head now has only caused me to overthink and stall. Having someone to help me make sense of it all and provide some direction, might be just what I need. To address the point brought up by @Account Closed feel like Roofstock used any part of the academy program as a tool to sell you their listings? Also, 1150.00 is a steep price, but if it really is as good as you say, 1150 is a bargain.
Torey
Wow, Roofstock Academy must be awesome because now we have TWO people who have registered for BiggerPockets user accounts yesterday apparently for the sole altruistic purpose of providing input on this great program. If it compels folks to go out of their way to register an account here to help provide positive feedback, then it must be amazing. Welcome to BP Amanda and Chris! Amanda, do you also work in technology in the Bay Area like Chris, which also happens to be where Roofstock is located?
Torey, all kidding and sarcasm aside, $1,150 IS pretty cheap compared to other programs...especially if there isn't any kind of effort on their part to try and upsell you on their "advanced" program. However, have you listened to the BP podcasts and spent some time here going through the thousands of long-distance investing posts that folks here have shared? I think you can rest assured that there isn't anything in that program that cannot be learned here. Alternatively, if mentorship is what you are looking for, I would try to hook up with a respected BP member like @Joe Villeneuve.
Hello Chris Fellow , I got a question I know you are busy person but hopefully you help me . Does Roofstock will teach you in their course how to raise a capital? for example if I don't have enough down payment ,do they have a way to show how can I get capital to invest and inquire more real estate?
Hello Reggie, I am excited that you found your road to success and hopefully one day I'll do the same . My question is you said you got 6 properties , 2 of them from Roofstock , so are you saying you got the education from Roofstock that allowed you to buy other properties , because I am not planning to get all my properties from Roofstock ? another thing is did you form LLC or do Roofstock teach you that you need to form LLC.
Hello Reggie, I am excited that you found your road to success and hopefully one day I'll do the same . My question is you said you got 6 properties , 2 of them from Roofstock , so are you saying you got the education from Roofstock that allowed you to buy other properties , because I am not planning to get all my properties from Roofstock ? another thing is did you form LLC or do Roofstock teach you that you need to form LLC.
Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
4y
I realize this question was posted over a year ago, but I just had a friend ask how he should get started in real estate investing. Udemy came to mind, but I don't really know much about the instructors. Roofstock academy has been around a while, but I can't really recommend something I haven't taken myself. I was going to suggest the route I took when I started, which was reading books and listening to every Bigger Pockets podcast (sometimes multiple times). Of course now that BP is approaching 500 podcasts, that could take a while. I feel hearing real life success stories and lessons learned is invaluable and extremely motivational.