Investor · bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 265 posts · 42 votes
We would like to line up ourselves with 2-3 f/t investors that we can work closely with, if you were in my shoes and had to do it all over again what would be the top questions you would be asking f/t investors to help you decide which investors should you work with closely and which ones not to
Investor · bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 265 posts · 42 votes
19y
2 men that have professional direct sales experience and are business men, that just needs to make an adjustment to real estate investing and does not have to learn about sales, business, marketing working independently, canvassing, objection handling, closing skills, phone skills, etccc
They will benefit from the deals that we can bring them for the time period that they mentor us, if not them it will be someone else, so the question is would they want to pass up $100k+ or more in potential profits from deals that they would have not normally got
They have more to lose and everything to gain, since we will find someone who will mentor us and get our deals for the time period that we partner up and any future real estate venture business they can receive from us in the future.
Are you a full time investor, and if you are what questions would you ask the investor before teaming up with them.
Real Estate Investor · Newtown, CT · Member since 2008 · 19 posts · 0 votes
19y
Where are you from Edwinreiloans4u and what do you currently do as a full time profession and why do you wish to make the change to real estate investing and how do you think you will make the change to real estate investing from your current profession which will enable you to support yourself during the transistion to real estate investing? Do you have an example of a formula for this you are using and if so can you show me an example please. Thanks :D
What are you specializing in? SFH's, multi's, commercial? I'm interested in SFH's, and 4plexes in the north Dallas/Carrollton area. Why exactly would I rather do business with you guys, instead of an established wholesaler. Or better yet, if I find my own deals, and get to keep that much more. What do you guys bring that differentiates you from the other guys with properties? Do you also do repair estimates, so I have an idea if a property is worth looking at? What's your construction experience? How good are your estimates?
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
19y
Yes, I am a full time investor (or more accurately, I own and operate a rental property business).
I don't partner with anyone and I'm not clear what you're offering to a successful investor that they wouldn't already have. Are you saying that you're a birddog?
Investor · bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 265 posts · 42 votes
19y
hi guys...
In response to your feedback and questions:
My partner knows how to estimate the cost on a rehab, and do comps, this I will learn from him.
I will keep it simple ... bring wholesale assignment deals to the investor we partner up with in return for answering questions related to the real estate investment business when we need to ask them and some support in closing deals when necessary!
Yes, we will encounter some investors who do not want to mentor and create competition, and would not rather mentor, just based on this alone, and I can respect them for this!
Then we know that there are other investors who will be more willing to mentor and capitalize on a extra set of eyes and ears bringing them deals already under contract, regardless of the fact that they are creating competition since they can't stop what is going to happen any way, so why not capitalize on 2 men that can add to their bottom line profit and utilize that money to reinvest in other projects.
I am getting into investing because I have an interest in real estate investments and to prepare my self for retirement.
It is the only vehicle I know especially at my very young age of 52....:>)...LOL that I can retire comfortably when I do retire from my own portfolio of real estate investments.
I wish to learn from the bottom up and then take it from there, not even sure if this will become my primary business in the future, I shall see down the road.
For those who are interested in speaking to me from the nyc area feel free to contact me and we can talk to see if we are a match and can work together!
Thanks for everyones feedback, and good luck to everyone on this forum as well that is persuing real estate investments.
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
19y
Dean,
I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to point out that new investors should determine what they are bringing to the table that would be valuable to a successful investor. Bringing deals to the investor would be good (as edwinreiloans4u said).
If I were edwinreiloans4u, I would not approach investors asking for mentoring. I would approach the investors offering to find deals for them and ask them what they are specifically looking for. Once he's brought them a deal, then ask them any specific questions he has. In other words, build a relationship and offer something first - before asking for something.
Investor · bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 265 posts · 42 votes
19y
Appreciate your feedback, and no offense taken just had to express myself and value that I would be bringing to any investor.
Mentioned to my partner that you mentioned not to mention anything about mentoring and he told me the same last night just called him and told him you told me the same thing, now it home and will not approach it like this any more!
Mike just went to your blog thru your link, did not know you are a landlord, more then likely this is the direction that I will be taking in time to create that retirement vehicle I need. I you were in my shoes and trying to find nyc investors online where would go online to find them, or offline.
Thanks for your feedback on especially not mentioning mentoring, well taken and done deal...;>)
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
19y
edwinreiloans4u,
I wouldn't try to meet NYC landlords online. I would join your local REIA/landlord's association and try to meet and make friends with the SUCCESSFUL investors.