Investor · Shenandoah VA · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 5 votes
Hello BB community!
I'm looking to build a cabin/small house in Virginia to rent out for Airbnb.
There are many cons and hurdles when building a house such as permitting, zoning, installing a septic tank, getting utilities to the properties, grading, to name just a few. This doesn't even include finding land and actually building the house. Despite the many cons, if you can pull it off, the returns regarding cash flow are much better than rehabbing a home or buying a turnkey.
I'm currently in the process of looking at land, talking to banks and contractors. I would love to connect with anyone who has built or in the process of building a house and cabin for Airbnb to share strategies and exchange ideas and keep each other motivated :)
Solomon - how did this turn out? I'm in the process of doing the same thing you mentioned above in North Carolina and wanted to see if you have any advise. Happy to connect!