20yr old living in the bay area looking to get started.

20yr old living in the bay area looking to get started.

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hi I'm 20yrs old living in the bay area(san jose,ca) at the moment. I was looking for advice on how to get started with investing into real estate and building my way to financial freedom. I've been listening to a few podcasts here and there and getting myself familiar with the rental calculators. However I still have many questions such as finding and understanding housing markets and where invest in, going about finding a mentor or if it's possible to make it teaching yourself. I am eager and am fully committed to putting in the work with, any advice will be appreciated.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Multifamily Syndicator · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 192 votes
    5y

    @Gurwinder Singh What asset class are you focused on? Have you decided to focus on Single Family Homes?

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Brian Alfaro Yes I've mostly been interested and practicing with the single family model, I think it will be the easiest approach for me to get started with real estate. However, I've also been reading about the brrrr model, but I haven't tried that calculator yet.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.