Real Estate Agent · Prior Lake, MN · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 63 votes
As a result of the pandemic, my job in corporate america was recently eliminated. My wife and I made the decision that I would join her as a real estate agent and create a husband and wife team. She's been an agent for 8 years and it will certainly help in the transition. While her business is more traditional seller and buy sales, I want to focus my business on the investor. I currently own 3 rental properties (5 doors) and understand the process. Any advice from current real state agents on how to best serve the real estate investor community as an agent? Thanks for the assistance.
Investor · Montgomery County, PA · Member since 2020 · 255 posts · 238 votes
5y
You've taken the first step by joining BP. I would recommend simply networking as much as you can, attend local investor meetups and leverage your knowledge as an investor to better serve investors as an agent. Good luck on your new career path!
Investor · Montgomery County, PA · Member since 2020 · 255 posts · 238 votes
5y
You've taken the first step by joining BP. I would recommend simply networking as much as you can, attend local investor meetups and leverage your knowledge as an investor to better serve investors as an agent. Good luck on your new career path!
Rental Property Investor · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 446 posts · 412 votes
5y
@Chico Ford - Congrats. Similar story to my own. I was an investor and worked in the corporate world first. My advice is to add value on BP every day and stay in the investing world. Get involved in your local REIA and start showing local investors that you understand the mindset. I've found the best opportunity as an agent is helping new investors navigate getting started. That's where I can add the most value. Most first time investors are wanting a house hack or to BRRRR. Walk them through how to manage the debt to income doing their first deal so that they can continue scaling and buying. Help them navigate ARV and repair costs (if you're comfortable), etc. Be a conduit to great property managers, contractors etc.
Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 433 posts · 743 votes
5y
I'm not an agent, I don't have much to offer. But I did want to at least offer you encouragement and I'm happy to hear that you didn't let the lay off beat you down. Keep persisting! You got this brother!
Auburn, NH · Member since 2016 · 234 posts · 207 votes
5y
@Chico Ford Congrats on leaving corporate! My focus clientele is other investors as well. I would say @Alex Uman and @Ryan Howell hit it on the head. Meet-ups and network. It seems Prior Lake is on the outskirts of the Twin Cities so you shouldn't have much issue finding investors to work with. @Shelby (Osborne) Johnson, who was on episode 406, has a team of agents and most of the them work with investors primarily. She would be a good person to reach out to