Contractor · Spring Hill, TN · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
Hey y’all!
My wife and I (Hannah and Zach) own a small construction company here locally in Spring Hill, TN.
We have been talking about what direction we want to take our company and how we want to see it scale over the next few years. We have constantly been pulled back in the direction of real estate.
I love building and my wife loves design. We have a knack for it too. We want something that can be done together that gives us the chance to put our mark on the community in a positive way. Buying and flipping house and having rentals keeps coming back as the way we can do this.
Where do we start? Who do we connect with locally? Are there any groups that get together?
We are eager to learn and eager to work on this venture. We have been listening to the podcasts but I know there are more resources out there that people are using!
@Zachery Ryan Pippins I would recommend continuing your education with reading books, and join the free webinars that BP continually posts. Especially the ones that Brandon do on buying your first rental property. There is also plenty of free content on YouTube if you watch the BiggerPockets channel.
As far as locally I would search to see if there are any types of REI groups that meet regularly so you can begin to network. If not and you have other friends/co-workers that are interested you could start your own like I did here locally.
Also check out the How to Analyze a Property video. It walks you through how to use the tools that are available on here to figure out if you found a good deal!