19 year old trying to get started in the game, any advice?

19 year old trying to get started in the game, any advice?

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I am very new to the real estate game. I have been listening to podcasts for about 6 months almost daily. What can i do to get my foot in the door of real estate? Anything helps and i appreciate all the help i can get!

0Reply
20 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    What do you want to do to get started? Most young guys like yourself start out wholesaling.  Is that what you are looking to do? Need more info from you to offer better advice!! 
    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Auburn, NH · Member since 2016 · 235 posts · 207 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Ballard what is your end goal? If you know what your end goal is you can work backwards from there. Is there a particular aspect of REI that you are interested in? Have you talked to anyone in your area about the market there? Are you even interested in investing in that market?

  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Curt Davis

    Thank you for the response! I’ve considered wholesaling to build some capital, but I don’t know the legality of it in salt lake because I don’t have a license.

  • Dan SheeksPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 621 posts · 362 votes
    5y

    Hey @Tyler Ballard

    Congrats to you for your ambition! I work with a bunch of young aspiring real estate investors just like you (in a free online group), and I am willing to help you out with some advice or even chat on the phone if you wish. But I first recommend you read this article I wrote for Bigger Pockets titled How to Invest in Real Estate Before Turning 21. Once you've read it, let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions. I am a high school teacher in Colorado and I am always looking to help young people get started in real estate investing or help in any way I can. Let me know if you want to chat sometime. https://www.biggerpockets.com/

  • Contractor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Ballard

    Start making more money get in around real estate

    Ex be agent. Electrician ac guy trades can do well a shortage of workers good luck work hard

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.