To Deal or not to Deal?

To Deal or not to Deal?

Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi Guys! 1st time investor here. I’d like to solicit your thoughts on a deal I’m looking to close in the next week or so.

The deal... $70,000 for 2 duplexes (4 doors) at a fixed 5% for the first 5 years (balloon payment after 5 years on a15 year amortization). 20% down (financing $54k).

Income: $2200 per month (total)

Questions:

1. Is this a good deal?

2. Do I use cash as a down payment or a line of credit I currently have at 5%?

3. Once the loan is finalized, I'll have access to approx. $50k in equity. The current lender does not offer HELOC but rather a CD at 2% which acts as a line of credit. Which would you choose or do I use my own cash? Or should I seek a HELOC else where?

4. Any other tips or look fors are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 208 posts · 235 votes
    5y

    Try using the rental property calculator:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    On the surface - it sounds like a great deal; getting $2200 of cash flow per month on a 70k investment seems fantastic.  To really dig into this more information would be needed though.  What are the expenses?  IE - do you need to pay some/all of the utilities? Is everyone current with rent?  Try plugging the numbers into the calculator and see what you get for monthly cash flow and rate of return.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.