New Investor looking to connect in Charlotte, NC

New Investor looking to connect in Charlotte, NC

Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I have recently decided to invest in real estate! Looking to connect and network with new investors and realtors for any advice on how to get started. I am in Charlotte, NC and I am interested in investing here as well as other surrounding cities.

1Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 21 votes
5y

Hi Courtney in a CLT local investor myself and alway live to chat RE.

I also started a CLT local Mastermind on FB you're welcome to join

Just search charlotte REI Mastermind in fb groups.

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 493 posts · 386 votes
    5y

    @Courtney Hopson

    You’re in a great market, personally I believe CLT is one of the top 5 market in the SE.. This is no secret for that reason it has become very competitive it amazes me how well my properties have appreciated in CLT it’s been a pleasant surprise but not sure how sustainable will be. I took this year off from acquiring properties in NC, letting things settle to see how things fall into place.. I also have a lot going on personally I decided to hoard $$$ and maybe 2021 or 2022 might be a good time to jump back in..

    You will notice as you make offers good properties don’t last long you will have to be quick but as a local might be easier for you to find off market deal than it is for me as an OOS investor..

    Best of luck!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    Hi Courtney in a CLT local investor myself and alway live to chat RE.

    I also started a CLT local Mastermind on FB you're welcome to join

    Just search charlotte REI Mastermind in fb groups.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Raul R. Happy for your success! Thank you so much!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    @Courtney Hopson I second what @Zach Crews said. Join 'Charlotte REI Mastermind' on facebook. We do monthly meet ups and my team here in Charlotte is having our first meetup for investors in December. It's the first saturday of every month at 3:30pm. It's called 'Pints & Properties' I can get the location to you if your interested

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Zach Crews Hi Zach, thank you so much for letting me know! Looking forward to connecting with you

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Robi Schreckhise thank you Robi! I am absolutely interested and would love the info.

  • Member since 2018 · 175 posts · 103 votes
    5y

    I am in the Charlotte area. These meetup groups are probably fun (never been to one), but not necessary. Might even slow you down...kinda like Biggerpockets forums and FB groups. Analysis paralysis type stuff.

    Go find a property to buy. Knock doors, make calls, put up some signs maybe. Go talk to sellers. Find motivated sellers. You can go to all the meetings you want but it all boils down to the same thing. If you think you're gonna find a deal at a meeting open to anyone, you're likely too gullible. If it was a deal, it would be sold before any meeting.

    Drive for dollars. Drive whatever neighborhoods you want to invest in and talk to people. Tell everyone what you're looking fo, especially the mail carrier.

    I bought 14 units in 8 months or so (can't remember exactly). No meetings, no FB groups, no biggerpockets. I called and wrote letters to owners. I unfollowed all FB groups because it was a bunch of noise. I log in here a few times a year now when bored.

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed so your stance is that networking is no good?

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 66 votes
    5y

    @Courtney Hopson I say knock on doors AND come hang out with @Zach Crews, @Robi Schreckhise etc! Such a good group of folks around the area and one of the best ways to learn, grow and develop. Hope to see you at the next meet-up (first Wednesday of the month)

  • Member since 2018 · 175 posts · 103 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Robi Schreckhise:

    @Account Closed so your stance is that networking is no good?

    No, not at all. My stance is don't get caught up thinking REI meetings are going to be the best way to find deals. It's more of a comfort thing in my opinion. I'm sure every group has a small core group of people within it that benefit the most...80/20 rule in a sense. For the 1.5 hours you can spend at a meeting, you could be banging out 20 letters to owners, 20 phone calls, a meeting with a seller, etc. Now if you just want to relax, get together with some friends, have a few beers, and talk shop, that's great.

    Learn by doing. Learn by making mistakes.

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    No, not at all. My stance is don't get caught up thinking REI meetings are going to be the best way to find deals. It's more of a comfort thing in my opinion. I'm sure every group has a small core group of people within it that benefit the most...80/20 rule in a sense. For the 1.5 hours you can spend at a meeting, you could be banging out 20 letters to owners, 20 phone calls, a meeting with a seller, etc. Now if you just want to relax, get together with some friends, have a few beers, and talk shop, that's great.

    Learn by doing. Learn by making mistakes.

    You make valid points, I personally don't believe the same as you but I also don't think you're wrong. I don't believe anyone's opinion is ever wrong even though it may differ from mine. That being said, I think it is more beneficial to learn from others' mistakes than repeat them myself. A network of people will always get me further than going by myself. As the quote goes "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." 

    And the most important part when someone is starting out; they don't know what they don't know. One meet up could give someone insight or perspective that could propel their success further than they knew was possible. Those are a few things that are the flip side of the coin to your perspective. Neither one is right nor wrong, just two different perspectives.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello Robi,

    I am a newbie at investing in real estate. I would like to meet up, please send address to location. I am looking forward to connecting.

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Gordon I just sent you the info, I look forward to seeing you there.

  • Member since 2018 · 175 posts · 103 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Robi Schreckhise:

    @Account Closed so your stance is that networking is no good?

    No, not at all. My stance is don't get caught up thinking REI meetings are going to be the best way to find deals. It's more of a comfort thing in my opinion. I'm sure every group has a small core group of people within it that benefit the most...80/20 rule in a sense. For the 1.5 hours you can spend at a meeting, you could be banging out 20 letters to owners, 20 phone calls, a meeting with a seller, etc. Now if you just want to relax, get together with some friends, have a few beers, and talk shop, that's great.

    Learn by doing. Learn by making mistakes.

    We probably have a different definition of networking. Anyway, I am done with biggerpockets again (I only check it maybe every six months). It's all more of the same discussion. I am going to go out and talk to sellers. I network with sellers.

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed you are right, we do seem to have different definitions of networking. Good luck with your investing, it sounds like your method is working really well for you and that is all that counts!

  • Member since 2018 · 175 posts · 103 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Robi Schreckhise:

    @Account Closed you are right, we do seem to have different definitions of networking. Good luck with your investing, it sounds like your method is working really well for you and that is all that counts!

    Same to you sir! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Aaron Caddel thank you Aaron! I will be there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Aaron Caddel:

    @Courtney Hopson I say knock on doors AND come hang out with @Zach Crews, @Robi Schreckhise etc! Such a good group of folks around the area and one of the best ways to learn, grow and develop. Hope to see you at the next meet-up (first Wednesday of the month)

     Hi Aaron, I'm interested to join the meeting as well. Could you send location info? Thanks and looking forward to it.

    Greg

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 66 votes
    5y

    @Greg Stanley of course! I'll dm you now

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.