New Jersey Markets to Buy Refi and hold

New Jersey Markets to Buy Refi and hold

Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 113 posts · 25 votes

I finally decided to start my journey and will be looking into NJ properties. The goal is to Buy, Rehab, Refi and Hold. 

I tried to search the forum but I couldn't find a search feature. I want to get your input on which areas in NJ I should check out?

I figured why do long distance or go out of state if I haven't exhausted the search locally. I value the members thoughts and experiences on this forum, so I am writing this post to get suggestions or recommendations on which markets I should start looking at in New Jersey.

Thanks in advance.

1Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Peter TverdovBusiness Member
Developer · New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

I specialize in Central NJ. Lots of good rental markets in this area: Union, Linden, Rahway, Carteret, Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, Highland Park, Bound Brook, Manville, North Plainfield. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Staten Island, NY · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Sam Sala Congrats on making your decision to start investing! Have you defined exactly what kind of property you want? (sfh, multi, etc). In my personal opinion I believe anywhere that is close traveling distance to NYC is a solid place to start. I have clients looking to move to NJ from NYC that work there and their primary concern is usually travel time/distance to work. Most are buying but there are some people renting.

    I'd say North Bergen down to Jersey City are good places to start. The prices are high but you may manage to find some good deals there, or you can move west from there until you find something that works.

    Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

  • Peter TverdovBusiness Member
    Developer · New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I specialize in Central NJ. Lots of good rental markets in this area: Union, Linden, Rahway, Carteret, Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, Highland Park, Bound Brook, Manville, North Plainfield. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 113 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Peter T. Hey lots of good markets there for cash flow or appreciation too?

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 113 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Carl LaPiedra thanks Carl!! Finding deals is always the challenge. What do you recommend for find great deals? Driving for dollars? Or MLs?

    TIA

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 113 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Carl LaPiedra thanks Carl!! Finding deals is always the challenge. What do you recommend for find great deals? Driving for dollars? Or MLs?

    TIA

  • Staten Island, NY · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Sam Sala deals can be found both ways. If you want to grind and drive around looking for off market deals, thats a great way to find them. You can also check the mls, websites like realtor, zillow, trulia, etc. If you don't want to do the whole deal-finding grind yourself you can hire an agent.

  • Rental Property Investor · Bergen County, NJ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hey BP, 

    Congrats @Sam Sala on your commitment to REI. I'm also looking to grow in RE investing. Currently owned a 2Fam in Bergen County. Looking for North Jersey counties 2F to 4F properties on my own. Also to partner in Multifamily (under 100 units) in the same area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.