New investor in the Tampa Florida area

1 Reply

Hello,

My name is Jonathan Colon,

I am very new to investing and would appreciate any advice or help of any kind. My love for real estate started very early on, and I became a real estate agent right out of high school. I learned that if I wanted to reach financial freedom I needed to start investing in real estate. Im writing this post as an introduction and to see if there's anyone in or around the Tampa area that would be willing to tell me your experiences or even network and provide advice. I have limited knowledge when it comes to real estate investing but what I lack in knowledge I can make up in drive and skills. I can offer my weekends (I work full time as a leasing agent for an apartment community in westchase) to help in any way from cold calling to dealing with tenants. I would love to connect and get to know you guys, I'm excited to see what the future holds. Thanks!

Nice to meet you @Jonathan Colon ,

First, I would find someone who is where you want to be and offer to work with them for free to see what they are doing and see if they'd be willing to partner with you on big deals after providing a ton of value to them. This will give you connections and experience very quickly and the opportunity to get to your goal.

Second, I would suggest reading a lot of real estate books.

Here are two books that have made a BIG impact on me:

The first book is Profit First by Mike Michalowicz. This is the “how-to” book on paying yourself and setting up an actual SIMPLE system to manage your finances. If you are starting at ground zero and know nothing about finances or if you are running a multi-million dollar business, this book can help you and change your life.

The second book would be Accounting for the Numberphobic by Dawn Fotopulos. If the title doesn't say it all, it is literally for people who are scared of numbers.

You want to be educated but make sure to dive in as soon as you can.

Make offers, talk to people!

Best of luck!