What can I do with $5,000 to start investing?

What can I do with $5,000 to start investing?

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello everyone in the BiggerPockets community. I’m new to real estate and I am determined to take action but as of now I only have $5,000 to start. What can I do to embark on this journey?

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Start with your Loan To Value potential. Sba loan at 10% collateral with $5,000 would be $50,000.  Traditional loan with 25% would be $20,000 value.  

    This would be a straight purchase with no rehab costs. 

    One option is to buy or rent a trailer or rv eliminate rent and build equity.  Do the brrrr method on trailers

    Another is to rent a large house or apartment and househack

    Another option is to find someone doing a brrr and offer to live their and help rehab in spare time.   This gets you free rent and experience  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.