Would you buy a 3 family with a pool

Would you buy a 3 family with a pool

Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 25 votes

Looking to purchase a 3 family and in the back yard there is a large above ground pool with hot tub. I’m concerned about the liability I would have about tenants using the pool. Is this something I should walk away from?

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · NYC · Member since 2020 · 87 posts · 64 votes
5y

@Eric Malone

Simple , just demo the pool, it’s above ground , just include that in your offer price . If it was in ground, then I would probably walk away or my offer price would include to demo the pool .

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeffrey EdwardsPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2018 · 147 posts · 77 votes
    5y

    I personally would walk away just from a liability standpoint.  Maybe talk to an attorney and insurance contact and view their opinions as well.  

  • Contractor · NYC · Member since 2020 · 87 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    @Eric Malone

    Simple , just demo the pool, it’s above ground , just include that in your offer price . If it was in ground, then I would probably walk away or my offer price would include to demo the pool .

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Unless its someplace like Phoenix or LV (where you can get more and it will get used), I'd just get rid of it.  Besides liability maintaining those is not cheap.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.