How to Find Multifamily Properties of 5-10 Units

How to Find Multifamily Properties of 5-10 Units

Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 3 votes

I have a small portfolio of properties consisting of 2-4 units each. I'm looking to expand into multifamily properties of five o ten units and I've seen that most of these properties are found via off-market deals through brokers and never hit the market. What are some ways to get in touch with some brokers and or find properties that fit these criteria? Thanks. 

0Reply
32 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Angel Meraz

    The majority of 5+ unit properties will be sold through commercial brokers but I would also reach out to your residential brokers to alert you if any of these sized properties hit MLS because they regularly do. I would start researching your area and look for brokers that are actively selling properties that you are targeting and reach out to them; these are the ones you want to start building relationships with.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    @Angel Meraz I would suggest networking with more Brokers in your area. Maybe make some offers and tour on some of their properties that are listed to show them that you are a serious buyer. Good place to start is loop net find out who the players are and as always the big name Brokers.

    Hope this helps!

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.