Aspiring Investor looking for Dallas Realtor

Aspiring Investor looking for Dallas Realtor

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I’m currently deployed and am looking to invest when I return, hopefully around March 2021. I am looking for a realtor who understands the buy and hold rental markets in and around North Dallas. I am primarily in the market for a duplex in the 250-350k price range, something requiring basic cosmetic upgrades is preferred.

I am looking to build my team as my deployment comes to an end, so I am looking for a realtor who is willing to commit some time into sending deals and answering questions as I make the transition back home.

Thank you in advance!

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mckinney, TX · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Blake, I’d be happy to help you. I live in North Dallas out of McKinney. Message me when you have time and we can discuss more in detail if you’d like.

  • Realtor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 146 posts · 148 votes
    5y

    Hi Blake. Crazy enough I just spoke to another person overseas about investing in Dallas TX. Being prior Army I love to talk about people experiences on deployments! 

    A duplex for that price is a tough task to ask especially with little to no repairs. Where in North Dallas are you looking? Places like Sherman or Denison can be done, but if you’re talking Frisco or Addison or Plano I don’t think that price range is realistic. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2020 · 59 posts · 33 votes
    5y
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome home and thank you for your service. Sounds like a solid plan. One thing I would suggest is if you plan to work, find your position first, then look for a place to live. DFW is a big place, so you probably don't want to buy in Anna for example and work in Burleson. 2 hour drive....each way. I would also start talking to a loan officer at your base credit union about preapproval so you know a few things. Where you stand credit wise and what you need to do to improve your score to get a better interest rate. Better credit means more options. Also how much you need for down payment and closing costs. Using a VA loan can help these, but the more cash you have the better options you might have. You can do that NOW. Here to answer any questions you have.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.