Locate Owner of vacant property

Locate Owner of vacant property

Specialist · Member since 2021 · 266 posts · 113 votes

I've had a long time passion for real estate investing. Problem is I have zero funds to invest. I'm also a new beginner, so I have a lot to learn. I figure the best and only way I know how to get started is to become a scout locally in the Dallas and Tyler Tx. area. I have purchased and sold two vacant land properties in my community via tax lien auction, otherwise I have no experience. I'm open for suggestions.

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Start knocking on doors and connecting with the neighbors. Maybe one of them knows the owner. Leave a hand written letter in the mailbox. Try some skip tracing websites. Research the tax records and find the owner's name. There's plenty ways to get leads for property. 

  • Realtor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 146 posts · 148 votes
    5y

    @Randall E Collins first things first learn all that you can learn. 

    Listen to the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast. Go to Networking Events and meet people. Get your name out there and let people put a face to your name. Consistently show up and provide value where you can. Suck in all of the information you can.

    Next step is finding what you want to do in Real Estate. There are 1,000 different ways to do real estate figure out what your path is. What do you find in the information step that interests you? 

    The absolute BEST advice I can give you is : Build one bridge at a time find out what you want to do. Don't stop doing it until that thing is successful then move onto the next thing. 

  • Specialist · Member since 2021 · 266 posts · 113 votes
    5y

    Thank you for the advise.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.